About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Pink, pink and more pink baby clothes, oh my

I am almost a whole week into SAHMhood and so far so good.  I'm learning to have a schedule through the day; although I have to admit that I'm treating this week like something of a vacation week.  My son is getting to watch more TV than usual and I'm usually taking a nap by 10.  My only real goal is to get one thing done a day.  The problem is I have sooooo many things on my list it is hard to choose.

I have managed to get out all the baby clothes we're going to need.  We haven't gotten rid of anything from our daughter and thank goodness!  Now that we have to get used to a new budget it is very nice to not have to buy much for our next child.  I have lent them out, but since we're not sure how many kids we're going to have I like to get them back.  Some folks have called me crazy storing all those boxes in our closet for seven years and hauling them with us through three moves, but now it is all worth it.

I learned early with our daughter that if you don't put the kid in the outfit, it's not going to be worn.  In our daughter's case she had enough clothes that I could change her three times a day and still wouldn't have to do her laundry but every other week.  There were some adorable outfits she literally wore only 3 or 4 times.  We actually didn't buy her a single outfit until she was almost 6 months old and that was just because we wanted to buy our daughter an outfit.  We were graduate students when we had her and money was a little tight, so it was very nice of our family to help us out so much.

When all was said and done, I had a large laundry basket overflowing with 0-6month baby clothes.  It was literally a fountain of pink.  After having a boy who wore tons of bright blues, oranges, greens and yellows I forgot what a laundry basket of pepto bismol looks like.  Despite the low color diversity, I couldn't help but smile remembering our daughter's cutie little face when she was wearing all those clothes.  Oh how time flies.

One chore down, countless more to go!

No comments: