About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Monday, March 5, 2012

Overwhelmed or Overly pregnant?

Well, today was certainly interesting.  I honestly felt like I had a ton of things to do and absolutely no time to do any of it!  How is that possible? I stay at home.  I have hours to get my chores and errands done.

Besides taking care of and entertaining my son, all I had to do was buy groceries, tidy up the two main rooms of the house along with the kitchen, go to a doctor's appointment, take my daughter to her piano lesson and make dinner.  Of course there were other things that I wanted to get done, but most of those could wait.  The list really isn't that long, so what made it seem so daunting?..... I am exhausted!  

I helped my husband with some outside chores yesterday and then had the brilliant idea to get up early and work out with him.  Granted my workout was nowhere near as strenuous as his, but still, I'm a lot bigger than I usually am.  Even that isn't too bad.  I got up a whole 15-20 minutes earlier and pretended my slow stride on the elliptical was a workout.  A 95 year old could have kept up with me.

Tidying up the rooms wasn't difficult either.  It's not like I had to scrub stains off the walls or carpets.  I needed to pick up toys and my son can help.  However, trying to bend over 7 months pregnant is like trying to bend Plexiglas.  It will go, but it always wants to return to it's previous shape.  To make a long story short, picking up toys on your hands and knees takes a lot longer than when you can properly stand, bend and just move in general.

The increased time cleaning up made it impossible for me to have a nap; which these days is necessary and made me even more tired.  Then I got to drive 50 miles round trip to spend 5 minutes with a doctor who seemed far more interested in leaving than talking to me.

On the upside the appointment was quick, so I got to go to Sam's Club to pick up a few things that we needed.  But wouldn't you know it, my debit card has expired and I carry no other card that they accept and I never have cash.  There's nothing like being dead on your feet and utterly embarrassed at the same time.  The expired card led me to the bank.  I hate banks.  Turns out that when we moved TWO years ago and I called to update our address, my husband's information was changed, but not mine.  Therefore, they sent my new debit card to our old address.  At least it hadn't been activated.... and I'll get a new one... soon... I'm told.  We'll see how that goes.

To top it all off, the batteries on the wireless keyboard that I am using to write this blog, died half way through it and I had to walk all the way upstairs to get batteries.  Again, not a big deal, but just another thing to cope with today.  It's just not my day!

On a good note, I managed to stay calm with my children all day and was patient and kind.  That never would have happened if I had worked all day as well.  Another pro to staying home!

No comments: