About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Control Issues

It is so difficult to give over control of your schedule!  I totally freaked out today when all I was trying to do was clean up the kitchen after breakfast; something that should take maybe 15 minutes and it took over 45 because every time I turned around I was asked a question or some one needed something.  The worst part is I had to change peed in pants and underwear and not five minutes after doing that I had to change pooped in pants on the same kiddo!  It was just a little much.

I am a very independent person and now my whole schedule revolves around my children and my husband's lives.  It is extremely difficult for me to get used to.  It is certainly not the fault of my family, it's just how things are now.  I am learning patience, humility and a humbleness that may have been a long time coming.  I always thought I put my family first in my life; now I realize that was just an illusion.  I have been very self-involved for a long time.  Now it's time to let go.

No comments: