About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Monday, July 22, 2013

Daddy Hypnosis

How does he do it!?  The other morning my son came into our room very early (6 AM or so) and immediately wanted me to make him breakfast.  Unfortunately, I was unavailable because I needed to take the puppy out for her morning walk.  If she doesn't get it, she's crazy all day.  So my son says, "OK" and hops into bed with my husband.  I was thinking, "Ha ha, he'll have to get up and feed the boy."  I went on the walk and about an hour later went upstairs to find my husband and son both ASLEEP!!!

He must have our kids hypnotized because I know they are not trainable.  First of all, my two oldest ALWAYS come to me first thing in the morning.  They completely ignore my husband's side of the bed.  And when I say, "Ask your dad", their reply is always, "But he's sleeping."  What!!???  I guess mom's don't sleep.  Second of all, if I have the nerve to ignore my children's plea to wake up, I am accosted by pokes, whispers, tickles, hugs and bouncing on my back until I get up.  They don't even bother him.  It's not like he's mean or anything.  He's certainly nicer than me about that stuff.  And yet I am the target; not him.

That's just morning time stuff.  They never seem to stomp on his feet, (although there is a period of time where each child has been the perfect height to cause some "man" damage), or throw up on him, or poop in the tub when he's watching, or spill their drink in his lap.  Somehow it happens to me.  I have to figure out his methods.


No comments: