About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Friday, March 30, 2012

My son's reaction

My son has really liked having me home.  We play a lot and he can eat and sleep to his heart's content.  At breakfast every morning he likes to tell everyone what they are doing for the day.  He says, "Daddy you go to work.  Sister you go to school and I stay home with Mommy!"  The last part he says with a lot of excitement.


Yesterday he did mention that he misses his school.  He had lots of little buddies there that he no longer sees.  And now he doesn't really get to play with other kids his own age very often.  I certainly don't have the structure and routine that he had at Primrose. I have successfully taken him to the library two weeks in a row and built a rocket ship with him.  We have even gone through some picture flash cards that we have, so he is learning a little bit.  I really feel bad about him not having the social and educational interactions he used to have.  His sister is a fabulous big sister and plays with him all the time, but it's just not the same as playing "Ram into each other" with a group of boys.  They really like that game for some reason.  I've decided I need to really get my act together and provide the boy with more structure.  We'll see how that goes.

No comments: