About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Friday, March 23, 2012

A lonely day

It seems odd that you can have a two year old clutching your leg, begging you to play with him and yet still feel so alone.  That was my day yesterday.  I just felt kind of blah.  The day started out nice enough.  I finally got more than 2 hours of sleep in one shot.  Those darn potty breaks in the middle of the night are ridiculous!  The kids had a happy morning.  I even took my son out to play for about an hour.  We dug holes and drew with chalk.  And if that wasn't exciting enough, when we came inside we read some books, learned about rocket ships and even made one out of an old water bottle.  Sounds exciting right?  


I guess this just brings me back to my selfishness point.  It's not all about me.  My son had a fantastic day.  He loves getting to stay home with mom and I love being with him.  Maybe I've been so focused on being a good SAHM and adjusting to being at home, I haven't spent much time thinking about who the new me should be.  I have often told people that I don't want people to look at me and say, "That's a mom."  There's nothing wrong with being a mom; I wouldn't trade it for anything.  But I don't want to be 100% mom.  I need to find a balance.  Being 8 months pregnant makes that difficult, but I'm going to try.

No comments: