About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Friday, March 2, 2012

One week in, all Pros and no Cons

It has been a whole week at home, so I think it's time to address some of the items on the con list.  First, I am very proud to say that I was showered and fully dressed everyday this week before dropping my daughter off at school!

We finished February living off my husband's salary and the news wasn't excellent.  We can do this we just need to be more focused on where we actually need to spend our money.  The adjustment continues.

As far as a lack of mental stimulation goes, so far I don't care.  This week was pretty much a vacation week with no structure and I must say it is amazing to only have to worry about one job.  I now have 8-10 hours to finish my chores everyday instead of 3 or 4.  And the best part is I don't feel guilty about working on the house when my kids are awake.  I have time to play and to work.  C-R-A-Z-Y!

My husband made it home Wednesday morning and immediately had to go to work.  Really, I think staying at home couldn't have happened at a better time for him.  The poor guy is good at his job and is therefore ALWAYS busy and right now he is moving at full speed.  Now he can focus on his work and then come home and not have to worry about dealing with children and a wife who is equally stressed from a long day at work.  He can come home and be dad.  It has been great and I hope it is helping decrease his stress level.

I am almost 8 months pregnant, so I'm not going to comment on the booty expansion con.  At this point, what happens, happens and one more pound isn't going to make that much difference.

As far as being my son's teacher goes.... he did not do any book learning this week; not unless Sesame Street or Cailloo taught him anything.  He did learn however, that Mom is awesome and that staying home with me is the best thing ever.

As a final note, we did experience one awesome pro today!  We had a very serious set of storms come through and I was here.  I was able to clear out our "tornado shelter", the tiny closet downstairs and pick up our daughter when the school let out early well before the storm hit.  If I had been at work it would have taken forever to battle the traffic to get home and if my husband had been on one of his trips I would have been a nervous wreck trying to get to our kids.

I'm sure I will hit some speed bumps along the way, but right now being a SAHM feels great!

No comments: