About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The biggest target on my body

I am almost 5 foot 5 inches.  I am not a small person, but I'm certainly not large; even while I still carry some extra baby weight.  My head is roughly 8 inches high and 6 inches wide (yes, I measured).  Standing, I take up about 15 inches at the hips.  So why is it that with all that body, my toes (being roughly 4 inches by 2 inches) are the most frequently stepped on, smashed, smooshed, squeezed, jammed and poked part of my body.  

I understand that it kind of makes sense because the children are at my feet.... constantly.  While my children's feet are the primary tools of torture, their hands, elbows, knees and heads are equally dangerous weapons.  Some how those weapons spend the majority of their time above my feet, but still manage to inflict considerable pain to my tiny digits.  You would think that with most of their body and my body above my feet that they would be relatively protected.  Toe nail polish does not help either.  I thought it might make my feet more visible and thus my children would try to miss them, but really it just serves as a homing beacon.

The problem is not just that they are kids and they are running around because my husband can be right next to me and his feet will not be assaulted a single time.  My husband, for some reason, has a different primary target and currently worries most about my son's head while he's running around and my son's feet when my husband is carrying him.

No comments: