About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I can't believe I'm sad

My daughter's first day of school has been delayed by a week and a half by some political and budgeting posturing.  Finally it has been worked out enough that she will start her second grade year tomorrow.  And I am sad.  I can't believe it.  I was walking through the store this evening, looking to make her lunch for tomorrow extra special, and I actually almost started crying.  I didn't cry when she went to preschool, kindergarten or first grade.  But this time, I am really going to miss her.

One of the great pros to being a SAHM is that I've had all summer to play with her and to really get to know her.  When I was working I spent time with her, but this summer we were really able to connect.  We've talked and played, read some long chapter books together, painted our nails.  She learned how to ride her bike, tell time and swim.  It's been great.  And now I'm losing my buddy. 

Don't get me wrong, I'll be glad to have two kids throughout the day instead of trying to juggle all three.  It's a lot of work to get three kids (one in a car seat) in and out of the car for every little errand that needs to be run. 

Still, she's growing up so fast and I am very grateful for the chance to be with her.  I had a wonderful time with her this summer and am already looking forward to next.

No comments: