About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Transformation Complete

I really didn't think it could happen so fast, but my transformation from working mom to SAHM is complete.  When I stopped by my husband's office the other day I parked my blue soccer-mom car next to a young woman in sporty burnt orange car.  She had on designer slacks, a nice blouse and some gorgeous 4-inch strappy heels.  Her hair was done nicely and her make-up was perfect.  She was cleaning out some coffee that had spilled in her car and was clearly on her way to work.  I have no idea if she was a mother.  She could be, but you would never know just looking at her.  I was admiring her shoes when I began to think of what I was doing and wearing.

I had on my very fashionable olive green maternity shorts with the 4-inch thick elastic waist.  They are pretty baggy because I have managed to lose some weight, but still not enough to comfortably fit into my regular clothes.  With my fabulous shorts I paired my always classy "Champions are the breakfast of Chuck Norris" shirt; which is probably just a little too short for my shorts, giving everyone a nice view of the aforementioned elastic waist band.  I tied the ensemble together with some cute pink and brown flip flops.  My 3 year old, diaper bag, and baby in the car seat completed my look.  And with that, my transformation from working mom to SAHM was complete.  No one would ever mistake me for anything but a mom and really that's OK.

No comments: