About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Monday, August 20, 2012

I wish I were an octopus

If I had octopus arms, I could be the single greatest mom of all time.  As it is I can do a lot with only two arms.

I can take care of screaming baby, help a toddler go pee and help a 7 year old with her piano practice; all at the same time.  I can cook dinner, admire a play dough ice cream cone, help with homework and send a text; all at the same time.  I can make a doctor's appointment, rock a baby to sleep, and get a kid a glass of water; all at the same time.

What I can't do is calm a crying baby, discipline a toddler, put a band aid on a cut toe, cook dinner, answer emails and phone calls, and kiss my husband hello; all at the same time.  That's what I tried to do this evening.  I know it will never happen, but I can always dream.

No comments: