About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Monday, August 6, 2012

Getting SAHM tough

What happens when Mom is out of commission?  It's easy to say that my husband could just stay home and help me out, but sometimes he really needs to be at work or is out of town.  When I was working I was always weary of asking my husband to miss work to take care of sick kids, but now that I stay home I am even more weary of it.  I feel like it is my job to take care of the house and children, so he shouldn't ever have to miss work, even for me.  I feel like it looks really bad for him to miss work now that I stay home.  His wife is home; why should he be?

Unfortunately, my feet have seriously hurt for the last 5 months.  I thought it was just due to some extreme swelling I had during pregnancy, but apparently I have bone spurs and plantar fasciitis.  For the most part I can function; I just have excruciating pain every time and stand up.  Usually it goes away, but sometimes it lasts all day and it always comes back after I've been sitting for a while.  Today, I finally went to the doctor and got a cortisone shot in both heels.  I feel bad because in order to go, my husband stayed home with the kids.  While my feet already feel a little better, I have some weird pain and sensations and really don't want to walk too much.  But I don't want to my husband to miss work even more.

So now I'm trying to take care of three kids with limited mobility.  This is the part that makes being a SAHM difficult.  When I was working, the kids could be at daycare most of the day when I was sick; making it easier to relax and get better.  Now, I have the kids no matter what.  I've always prided myself on being pretty tough, but now I'm going to have to get tougher!

No comments: