About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Thursday, May 24, 2012

That just happened

What I am about to write is the truth; 100% the truth.  No exagerating. 

Last night I saw one of the craziest things I have ever seen.  If I hadn't been there to see it myself I probably would not believe it happened it all. 

In the 16 days since my precious little girl was born she has yet to make a real big mess.  She doesn't spit up and her diapers don't leak.   

My family and I decided to go out for frozen yogurt.  My husband did not want any so he stayed outside with the baby while the rest of us went in to get some yummy, yogurty goodness.  We then joined him outside on the benches to eat the yogurt.  I was standing next to my parents when I looked over at my husband and saw something dripping from the car seat.  I thought to myself, "huh, why is there something dripping from the car seat?"  I then asked my husband the same question, who immediately started to investigate the source of the drip.

Turns out the source was a leaking diaper from an absolutely passed out baby.  We all braced for what was to come next because a couple of drips started to become a steady stream.  And it just kept coming and coming.  It's hard to believe that one little baby could possibly hold that much poop.  I don't know how many people have had the pleasure of cleaning up a diaper explosion out in public, but it is an interesting experience.  I personally have had the pleasure about four times.  I grabbed the wipes and extra outfit from the diaper bag, my mom grabbed a bunch of napkins from the yogurt shop and my husband bagan to gingerly unbelt the baby from the car seat.  I prepared to grab the poop covered baby from my husband. 

This is where it gets interesting.

He took the baby out and I went to gingerly take her when suddenly, I noticed there was no poop on the baby!  She was totally clean!  I took her to the bathroom to change her diaper and there was a little mess, but it wasn't bad at all.  I was relieved to see that she had escaped the mess, but was very concerned about the car seat.  They aren't exactly easy to clean.  We went back outside and I went over to my husband to inspect the damage.  Remarkably there was NO MESS!  Turns out the poop leaked out of the diaper and went straight down the hole where the seat belt threads through and down onto the sidewalk.  Totally crazy!  The seat belt was a little dirty and a little bit of the plastic needed to be cleaned.  That's it!  It took 4 or 5 cups of water to clean off the sidewalk, but there was nothing on the car seat!  It was incredible.

No comments: