About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Joy of Pregnancy

It's just a cruel joke that you spend 9 months waiting for a baby and go through many body pains and changes, just for that baby to NOT COME OUT!  This happened to me with my first two kids and now the third will be induced as well.  Oh well.

I got excited for a few brief seconds yesterday when I thought my water broke.  Turns out I just peed my pants.  At least only my husband saw.  It would have been much worse if it had happened in the grocery store or something.  The truly sad part is that I couldn't tell!  What has happened to my body that I not only can't control when I pee,  but I can't even tell if I'm peeing.  And of course to go along with the inability to know if I'm peeing comes the overwhelming feeling that I need to pee, but I don't actually because it's just the baby pounding down on my bladder like a jackhammer on an unwanted concrete slab.

The craziest part is that I knew all this would happen and chose to get pregnant again!  I may even do it again.  Children truly mess with your brain.

No comments: