About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Thursday, May 10, 2012

First Day home

Well, she's finally here.  I am officially the mother of three adorable children.  I have my little momma, who can be quite helpful but may also accidentally smother the baby with love.  I have the angry middle child who is only happy if we all do exactly what he wants when he wants and of course the cutie baby who never talks back, never moves, loves to cuddle, but also does not sleep and currently will not eat.

Our first day home was completely uneventful and totally exhausting.  The night in the hospital was totally unrestful.  Not because of the baby, but because of all the nurses who kept checking on us.  All I wanted to do was sleep and all they wanted was my temp and blood pressure.  While the baby slept most of the first night, we were not so lucky the second.   We left the hospital about 7:30 at night, so our first priority was getting the other two in bed.  Then my husband and I, quite stupidly, decided not to go to bed until 10 or so.  Mistake.  The baby just wasn't sleepy.  She wasn't dirty, wet or hungry.  Just not necessarily sleepy.   

Needless to say we started our first day home with about 2 hours of interrupted sleep.  Luckily my husband had decided to take the week off because he was just about a zombie from almost 3 days of little to no sleep.  Our oldest went to school, so it was just the two year old and the baby against us.  Of course the baby slept most of the day, so we were pretty much devoted to entertaining our son, which I think worked out for the best.  He as been quite angry lately and we think a lot of it has to do with the newest addition to the family.  I think we were able to successfully show him that we will not forget about him just because there is a new baby in the house.  Some how we managed to squeeze in a few hours of sleep during the day, but then it was time for our oldest to come home.

She is a beaming older sister.  There could not be a prouder sister in the whole world.  She just glows around the baby.  I am super excited about that.  However, our daughter does have other responsibilities including homework and piano practice and she needs to do them instead of playing with her sister.  That did not go over well and I think a few less than ideal night's sleep had caught up to her because we had quite the crying fit.  As soon as I mentioned it was time to practice piano we had tears, a stomach ache, a bug bite and a sudden inability to play.

We got the kids cleaned and to bed and totally crashed as soon as the baby would allow.  Thankfully she slept a little better and while we are not 100%, we are certainly a lot more capable today than yesterday!

And even with all the craziness, I love being a mom and would not change a thing!

No comments: