About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

What do you do with him all day?

"What do you do with him all day?" is the question I got from a friend the other day concerning what my son and I do.  I was kind of caught off guard and really didn't have much to say.   We mostly hang out.  I get some chores done while he plays or watches Sprout.  I have made some attempts at getting him involved in some activities and interacting with other kids.  We go to the library every week for story time and a craft and I take him to an hour of open play for preschoolers at a local gymnastics studio once a week.  I do read him books and do the occasional art project.  I even bought him some finger paints the other day and have several fabulous pictures hanging on the wall.

But really, we don't do too much and that was hard to admit.  Right now I'm still using the excuse that I'm VERY pregnant and just don't have the energy or ability to move.  Today is my due date and I look like I have Michelin man feet and feel like the Michelin man is sitting on my abdomen.  Of course saying I'll be able to put together some kind of schedule where my son will actually learn something after the baby is born is like saying I'll crack the eggs after I finish eating the omelet.

It's too late to change my strategy now, so I'll just have to make it work.

No comments: