About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

One Year Anniversary

365 days of being a SAHM and I'm ready for 365 more!  If this last week has taught me anything, it's that I am extremely blessed to be able to stay home and take care of my family.  If I had to worry about work on top of everything else that was going on, I would have lost my mind.  It hasn't been easy and I've struggled with and still struggle with issues like my identity and finding time for me, but it's totally worth it.  I had the time and ability to take my children to the doctor and focus only on them without worrying about what I was missing at work.  

I have to admit that these days I do tend to wear sloppy, sweat/work out pants at home.  However, I change into more presentable clothing before leaving the house (usually) and I shower daily.  While my house isn't exactly as clean as I would like, that's really because I don't want to clean.  My son and I have managed to get through 12 letters of the alphabet.  He can identify all 12 and write most of them.  He's learned to cut, draw and has learned concepts such as same, different and opposite.  All because I taught him.  And that feels pretty good.  I was concerned that he would really be missing out and while he has not learned as much as he would had we kept him in Primrose, I feel like he's still learning.

My husband is happy with the arrangement and has been great about putting up with my freak outs.  I think the kids are happy.  I'm concerned that my oldest finds me less interesting and thinks of me as "just" a mom.  My son likes being home with me, but I think would really like more play time with friends his age.  The baby just loves me, so I think that's working out great.  Time has gone much faster with her than the other two, so I'm very grateful to have been able to really see her grow.

My first year as a SAHM was interesting.  I lost my job, had a baby, dealt with countless illnesses and lost our dog.  I'm not sure what year 2 has in store for me, but I say, "bring it on!"

No comments: