About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Emotional Eating

My weight loss update is not much of an update.  I haven't lost anymore.  Ugh!  It's really annoying.  At least I haven't gained any and I think my clothes are fitting better.  I'm just going to keep plugging away and I hope to increase my activity level.  A little more will power wouldn't hurt either.

The biggest problem seems to be life.  I'm an emotional eater, so when the kids get sick or are acting up for days on end it's difficult to lay off the snacks and deserts.  The worst part is that I'm in the house all day surrounded by our food.  Even when I'm not hungry, if there's something causing the littlest bit of stress all I can think about is what to eat.  Luckily we don't have much around that does not require some prep.  We almost never buy cookies, ice cream, chips or other snack food.  But I always seem to find something.  My favorite is the stash of chocolate chips I keep in the freezer.  When I feel the need for a hit of chocolate I grab a small handful of those and I'm happy.

The hardest is when my husband's out of town and I really get tired.  It's so much easier to make the kids some mac n' cheese and chicken nuggets than most other healthy alternatives.  And of course, there is always the drive-thru.  I think the best way to combat this is pre-planning.  Before my husband leaves, I'm going to come up with dishes that I can make and freeze in advance, so all I have to do is heat it up.  Hopefully this works.  Spring will be here soon and I very much want to fit back into my cute shorts and shirts.

No comments: