About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Monday, March 4, 2013

Losing the baby weight

Woo hoo!  I've finally gotten some weight off.  For almost 3 weeks I've managed to not eat sugar-goodies and I've had no snacks.  I'm not going to lie, it hasn't been easy and I'm hungry... a lot.  But I'm down 7 pounds!  Only 13 to go.  I hope I can keep up the will power long enough to lose all 13 pounds.  It won't be easy; I have visions of Snickers trailed by cookies-n-cream ice cream dancing through my head all day long.  It's so hard being home, where I can eat anything I want, whenever I want.  At least when I was working, I couldn't eat because I was too busy.  Most of the time I only had 15 minute lunches.  It's not safe to eat in a lab, so I wasn't snacking and I was on my feet all day.  I'm still on my feet all day, but instead of walking by a chemical cabinet filled with toxic substances, I walk by a fully stocked pantry about 50 times everyday.

I've also tried to eat more "fat burning" foods.  I read about it in Reader's Digest.  The magazine has printed stories in several issues about people who have followed their diet plan and had great results.  Really it's nothing I haven't heard before, but it's awesome to read about people's transformations.  Unfortunately the foods that are supposed to help you lose weight are things like yogurt, nuts and fish.  These are not foods I dislike, but they certainly aren't in my top 50.  I've tried to incorporate some of them into my daily diet.  The best has been a morning smoothie that I saw in one of the issues.  It's not bad.  It has strawberries, peanut butter, yogurt and even cocoa powder.  Maybe it's working.  Only time will tell.

No comments: