About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Why I can't lose the baby weight!

It rained this morning.  It rained a lot this morning.  Fortunately that made it possible to check the work the roofers did earlier in the week.  Unfortunately, it revealed that they didn't do a good enough job, as there was water dripping from my ceiling.  That wasn't too bad.  I called the roofer and the owner personally came over and took care of the problem.  

While I was getting towels and buckets to try and minimize the mess, I was also trying to get my oldest ready for school.  I love my daughter.  She's fantastic, but she's about as fast as frozen molasses.  It took FOREVER to get her dressed.  Then, my son woke up soaked in pee.  It was everywhere.  He starts sleeping in his bed and eventually ends up on the floor, so his sheets, blankets, stuffed toys and carpet smelled of 4 hour old urine.  That, coupled with my daughter's snail-like qualities lead to her eating breakfast on the way to school, with me having no breakfast at all.  

I needed to go to the grocery store right after dropping my daughter off because I had an appointment later in the afternoon that I could not miss and we were desperate for the 6 things on the list.  Of course, as soon as I got my daughter to school, I realized I forgot the list.  I decided to go back to get it because we really needed everything and I didn't want to forget a thing.  I got the list and off we went on our 15 minute journey to the grocery store.  

As soon as I parked, I realized I forgot my wallet.  So we drove all the way home to get my wallet because we really needed the groceries.  30 minutes later we're finally at the grocery store.  I have to get everyone out in the pouring rain.  We jog inside and as soon as I get the baby in the grocery cart, I realize she has pooped all the way up her back!  Needless to say, as soon as I got home I nearly polished off a package of double stuffed Oreos.  And that's why I can't lose the baby weight.

No comments: