About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Saturday, November 3, 2012

What is wrong with us?

I think parents are some of the most deranged people on the planet.  We do some of the most ridiculous things.  We will touch, smell, wipe up and scrub anything that comes from our kids.  I thought my son may have peed his pants last night, but I wasn't sure.  He's a pretty hot kid and sweats a lot.  So without thinking, I grabbed up his pajama bottoms and without a care in the world rubbed them all over my face to smell for urine.  Seriously!  No sane person would do that; just parents!

The night before my daughter complained that her sheets were wet.  Again without thinking I immediately wiped my hand over the wet spot and took a deep whiff.  When that did not give enough information to adequately identify the source of the wet spot, I bent over and investigated the situation by applying my face directly to the area in question.  And when I still wasn't satisfied, I called in my husband and he did the same.  What?!!!

Luckily my son did not wet his pants and it appeared that a rogue glass of water was the source of the wet spot in my daughter's bed.  What bothers me the most is that if either one of those situations had turned out to be urine, I would have said, yuck, gotten rid of the odorous problem, washed my hands and gone on with my life.  Maybe I do these things because I feel like my children are an extension of myself or maybe I'm just too tired to care.  Either way, I'm afraid I will never be the same.  My children have forever changed me into a pajama sniffing, booger wiping, vomit catching bio hazardous waste container.

No comments: