About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Thursday, August 8, 2013

The Sound of Quiet

I didn't realize just how wonderful quiet is until school started.  My daughter is out all day and my son has started pre-kindergarten.  That only leaves the baby and as long as she's not hungry, she's pretty quiet.  From about 8AM until 12:30PM my house is loud with quiet.  It's almost deafening.  My husband worked from home two days this week and he noticed it also.  It's a strange feeling to suddenly have no "noise".  You can actually hear other sounds, like rain, birds, the wind in the trees (my favorite) and you can even hear yourself think.  A-Mazing!

It almost makes me nervous.  The noise always told me the kids were alive and hadn't broken any bones.  Now I have to remind myself that they aren't home and the quiet is not an indication that they're making an atom bomb.

The best part is that I can hear my baby.  She gets drowned out so easily when the other two are around; except of course for when she screaches at the sound of shattering glass.  She hasn't done that all week!  It's been great getting to play with her uninterrupted.  She has a sweet personality and loves books, music and singing.  She sings all day long.  I never noticed that before.  I love the quiet.

No comments: