About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Friday, August 23, 2013

Kids Don't Lie

My boy:  Can you sing me a song Mommy?
Me:  I can't buddy.  I'm sick.  It hurts my throat.
My boy:  Can you read me a story?
Me:  I can't read you a story tonight buddy.  If I talk too much it makes my voice hurt.
My boy:  But Mommy, you talk too much everyday.

What do you say to that?  Nothing.  I chuckled, kissed him on the cheek and left the room.

There's nothing like a totally honest comment from one of your children to make you rethink  your habits.  I probably do talk too much; especially when my husband is out of town.  Sometimes you just need some one to talk to; even if it's a 4 year old.  Not that I say anything inappropriate.  I just talk to talk.  I guess I should back off a little.

No comments: