About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

What I've learned this week

I've learned a lot this week.  I've learned how to get silly putty out of long, thick hair after a night of it being smashed and mangled into much of my daughter's hair (baby oil, by the way).  Her hair looked like dreads... no joke.

I've learned that silly putty does not easily come out of sheets and stuffed animals.  Baby oil works, but it takes a little more elbow grease.  

I've learned that the baby will scream just to scream and all I can do is love on her.

I've learned that I don't like cleaning up clumps (we're talking 3 inch diameter and 1/2 inch thick clumps) of dried poop.  I knew that already, but somehow experiencing it really solidifies my dislike.

I've learned that the dog will vomit if she's outside for too long.  Although, she will generously vomit on hard floors for easy clean up.

I've learned that no matter how many activities you take your children to, no matter how late you keep them up, your children will get up at 6AM; earlier if you're sick.

I've learned that, while they don't stop screaming, if you move to the other side of the house it's not as loud.

I've learned that if you ask your kids to take it easy on you for a day so you can finally get over a cold that is making you miserable, they will be utterly wonderful and fantastic and give a fabulously, calm, easy-going day.

I've learned that it will take two days to clean up what they did during that calm and relaxing day.

And I've learned that my children save up all their crazy for when their father is out of town.


On a side note, it made me very nervous to watch something that is supposed to be used to keep a baby's skin smooth, literally eat away at silly putty.  Disturbing.

No comments: