About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Productivity

We are entering the third week of school and I am finally getting things done around the house; which is one of the biggest perks of being a SAHM.  The house isn't just straightened up, it's clean!  And I don't mean vacuumed and dusted; I mean scrubbed!  Books have been arranged, cobwebs vacuumed up, clothes that are too small are put away.  I even washed the outside of the refrigerator and reorganized the freezer.  I miss my kids, but it is super nice to be able to finally get some of those things done.  

The baby likes to help me too.  She follows me around and we talk and play as I scrub and organize.  The other upside to the kids being in school is that the house actually stays clean for longer than 30 minutes.  My son and I cleaned his room on Friday and nearly three days later we can still see the floor.  It's amazing what they can't accomplish is they're not in the house.

My husband even notices.  He said, "Wow, you've really been able to organize."  For me, organizing is about the best fun I can have.  Weird, I know, but that's who I am.  Next is scrubbing the kitchen cabinets and finally getting the baby's scrap book going.  Yee haw!  I can feel the thrill of labels and checking off my 'To Do' list.

No comments: