About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Monday, August 12, 2013

He's Going Down!

My husband challenged me to a weight loss competition and I whooped him!  I was having the hardest time getting any weight off until he made it a contest.  I hate to lose, so I did what was necessary and I've lost 8 pounds!  And while I love the weight loss the process has sucked!!!!  I downloaded one of those weight loss Aps to help keep track of my calories and it decided that if I was going to lose the amount of weight I wanted I would have to keep to a 1200 calorie a day diet.  What!!??  My normal is somewhere between 2500 and 3000 calories.  For the last 2 months I have mostly kept to the 1200 calories.  I've averaged about a pound a week which means I have about 8 more weeks to go!

In the past I've been able to maintain my weight loss even eating larger quantities.  (I only gain weight when I'm pregnant.)  I hope this is still true now that I'm solidly in my mid-30s and I'll be able to go back to eating semi-normally.  I don't think I'll totally go back to my bad habits.  I actually feel much better these days.  Healthier.  I eat a lot more fresh fruits and vegetables and stay away from all the sweets and limit the bread intake.  You really can eat a lot of food at 1200 calories, you just have to pick the right food.

No comments: