About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Friday, April 5, 2013

Why being a SAHM rocks!

There are all kinds of ups and downs to being a SAHM, but the last few weeks I have really begun to appreciate staying home.  And it's all because of my husband.  The man is working HARD!  Too hard.  I'm talking 28 emails between 10:30 and 11 o'clock at night hard.  It's ridiculous how hard he works to be a great dad and a great husband and a great statistical, computer software program, pig DNA guy.  I really don't deserve him.  

Anyway, back to me and why my life is more awesome than his.  It comes down to one simple truth.  I don't have to work if I don't want to.  We were on our way home from vacation and I wasn't stressed at all.  My poor husband was trying to fight thinking about work all the way home.  I wasn't preoccupied with that at all.  Granted, I'm the one responsible for getting everything unpacked and reorganized, but I have time to get it done.  I don't have a boss breathing down my neck to meet arbitrary deadlines or an inbox with literally hundreds of emails I need to respond to.  My biggest concern is making sure the kids get enough sleep so I'm not dealing with evil child-zombies in the morning.

At some point I'm going to have another crazy break down about never getting out of the house and never being alone (probably by the end of the weekend), but right now I'm riding the happy SAHM train.

No comments: