About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Monday, April 22, 2013

Becoming a Man

My son took his first step toward manhood yesterday.  He and our oldest daughter were playing outside on the play-set while my husband and I were inside hanging a new ceiling fan.  I should rephrase.  My husband was hanging the new ceiling fan; I was doing the "woman's work", watching the baby and handing him screws.  Anyway, we were inside when I heard our daughter yell, "Mom! Mom! Come quick!"  It wasn't the normal yell where she just wants me to go out and see a bug or watch her spin on the swing.  This yell sounded serious.  So, of course, I ran outside.

The kids ran up to me panting and we had the following conversation:

Daughter:  Mom!  He peed!

Me:  OK, lets get you cleaned up, Buddy.

Daughter:  No, he peed!

Me:  I didn't speak here I just looked at them both with my 'huh' face.

Son:  Mom, can I pee in the lawn?

Me:  What?

Daughter:  He peed in the lawn!!!  He pulled his mmm out and went!

Son:  Is that OK mom?  Can I pee in the lawn?

Me:  Sounds like you already did.

Son:  Yah.

Me:  Well, I guess that's a benefit of being a boy.

Son:  Yeah!

Daughter:  Ah man, that's not fair.

This was followed by a chorus of  "I can pee on the lawn!  I can pee on the lawn!"  Must be nice.

No comments: