About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Thursday, April 18, 2013

A Little Perspective

The terrorist attacks in Boston, the explosion at the fertilizer plant in Texas and a construction accident that killed 2 in my home town just today have really got me thinking.  I live a truly spoiled, easy life.  There are many families whose lives have imploded in the last two days.  They went to work or to watch the marathon thinking it was going to be an ordinary day and then BOOM it's destroyed in just a few seconds.  I sit here and blog about my petty issues with potty training, crazy kids and needing some alone time when really I should be super grateful that I have those problems to begin with.  

I love my family and thankfully, I can only imagine what it feels like to lose some one in such an unexpected, terrible way.  I pray I never do and I will continue to pray for families who struggle to cope with these kinds of tragedies.

No comments: