About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Friday, October 5, 2012

More flexible, but not really

In some ways, being a SAHM makes my life a lot more flexible.  I can run any errand, help out a friend, or go on a trip anytime I want.  That is, of course, if I can take my children along.  My uncle passed away recently and I went to the funeral.  Unfortunately, the timing was such that my husband could not come with me and it wasn't possible to take the kids.  Still, I didn't have to worry about getting time off or not finishing some project which was nice.  I could just go.  The snag was that I needed some one to watch the kids because my husband had a big company meeting where he was presenting, and therefore, could not work from home.  It took a lot of wrangling, but I finally got some one to watch the kids.  Most of my friends work and the ones that don't have older children and are really great about volunteering, so they don't have full days free.  I ended up having to split the day between two friends, whom I owe big time!  Especially a very dear friend who was 9 months and a few days pregnant when she watched my kids and is now 9 months and a few more days pregnant.  If I was still working the kids would have been in day care all day and it wouldn't have been an issue.  It's strange how not working can actually make me less available.

No comments: