About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Thursday, October 11, 2012

I think I'll keep them

The last few days in my home have been absolutely pleasant.  It has been one of these rare moments in time where my kids get along almost all the time.  They have been playing together, using their manners and genuinely caring about one another.  I'm not sure how these rare moments happen but they really do help balance out all the name calling,  tattletaling, and random acts of violence that surround siblings 95% of the time.  They've even managed to be nice to me!  I give a lot of the credit to a Bernstein Bear's cartoon we saw the other day.  The premise was that a 'please' and a 'thank you' go a long way in helping people feel appreciated.  Ever since then I've heard, "yes, please" and "thank you" with very little prompting.  I suppose you have to have the days of hair pulling and games of "I'm not touching you" to help you realize just how special and wonderful your children are, and I hope they realize how lucky they are to have one another.  My goal is for my children to grow and be best friends.  After all, if you can't count on your brother or sister to help you out in life, who can you count on?

1 comment:

Kelley said...

Miss you! Glad you are getting a "nice" window in mommy world. May it be the extended version :)