About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Friday, September 21, 2012

Is it over?

I was at a kid’s birthday party with parents I didn’t know and I was asked what I did for a living.  My friend, whose daughter was having the party, spoke up quickly and said I used to work as a researcher but now with three kids I stay home.  And that’s true.  I do stay home with my three kids and I think even if I hadn’t lost my job I would be home.  I am very grateful to my friend.  It was nice to not have to relive the whole ordeal again.  For those that have never been laid off it’s difficult to understand how it feels.  I wasn’t fired, so I didn’t do anything wrong.  I was laid off.  There was no money to keep me on.  And while that is no reflection of my performance it hurts the ego and it takes a while to get over a hit like that.  I am only now starting to get my confidence back.  I’m still pretty sensitive.  It’s been long enough now that I’m the mom with three kids; not the mom who lost her job.  I still have some stuff to work through, but I think I’m almost over it.

No comments: