About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Friday, September 7, 2012

Another con to being a SAHM

A very dear friend of mine, a friend who has helped me adjust to life as a SAHM, has moved.  Not across town or even across the state.  She's moved several states away.  She brought me lunch and a welcome home balloon on my first full day as a SAHM.  Even though she has seven kids of her own, she has always watched my kids for me any time I've needed it.  She's hung out with me on nights when I needed a "mommy time out" and always has an encouraging word when the kids are driving me insane.

Now she's gone.  Not really gone.  With technology the way it is these days I can text, chat, email or Facebook her any time I want.  I will definitely miss our long chats over ice cream or spinach dip. 

A newly recognized down side to being a SAHM is that it has become more difficult for me to leave town.  Now that I am the one watching the kids during the day, it would take a lot more planning for me to visit her.  Before, I could just go and my husband would pick the kids up at daycare.  Now he'd either have to stay home or find some one else to watch them.  Regardless, I will find a way to visit her whether she wants me or not.  Who knows, I might even be able to arrange a visit away from children!

1 comment:

Kelley said...

let me assure you, she definitely wants you to visit! miss you