About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I'm Back Baby!

Oh yeah baby... I'm back.  After months of barely being able to move, crippling foot pain, peeing every 20 minutes and making snails look fast, I finally feel human again.  I have been feeling weird all week because I haven't been visiting the restroom enough.  The last couple of weeks I have been working out and this Monday I was able to give 150% on the elliptical.  The sweaty grossness felt awesome!  My son and I had a great 20 minute wrestling match after a 5 month break and to top it all off I was able to lay out on the floor, on my stomach, and reach all the way under the couch, to retrieve a long-flung pacifier.  I still have some weight to lose, but it feels so great to get back to my old self.

The best part is the lack of stress.  I'm not saying it's not tough to be home with three kids all day, but I don't have to worry about what I'm missing at work, or what I'm going to have to do to catch up at work.  The stress I have at home is the only stress in my life.  If I had to go back to work in 4 weeks, I would be losing my mind.  Juggling our home life and work would be incredibly overwhelming for me.  I love that I can spend time with each of my kids.  If I had to work I would only have about 3-4 hours total each night and I would be making dinner, trying to get baths taken and piano practiced in that time.  Now I have all day to get my job done and play with the kids.  It's great.

No comments: