About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Friday, June 1, 2012

3 Kids, 2 Parents and 1 Grocery store

My husband and I are pretty brave, but even we were nervous about taking all three kids to the grocery store.  Most of the time our kids are well behaved, but you never really know what a toddler is going to do and our 6 year old is always capable of having a volcano-style eruption.  But we decided after three weeks, it was time to try it.  So we loaded up the kids and off to Kroger we went.

At first, the logistics were difficult to work out.  I didn't bring the baby sling, so we ended up keeping her in the car seat.  And, of course, the car seat that we bought doesn't lay in the top of carts well, so we had to put her into the large section and use a separate cart for the groceries.  That was OK because there was two of us.  Our son wanted to ride in the car cart which makes things more difficult.  I hate pushing those things around.  It's like driving a school bus through an inner-city alley.  But sometimes you do what is necessary to keep a two year old happy.

Luckily we were organized and had the list ready to go.  We got through the store with no fits or tantrums and didn't forget anything.  I think the majority of the stress was worry-induced.  We were too concerned about what could happen.  Turns out there was no need to worry and we should have had more faith in ourselves and our children.

In the end, we did it!  My husband and I successfully took three kids to the grocery store.  I don't think I'm willing to do it on my own yet, but I think we're going to make it.

Since the grocery trip, I have successfully taken the kids to the park and to the bouncy house place all by myself.  I'm starting to get more confident in my ability to handle three kids at once.

No comments: