About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Friday, July 20, 2012

Mom's time out

After two dirty pull-ups, four dirty diapers and some immense 7 year old attitude I needed a time out!  I was super cranky with a terrible headache.  All I could think about was getting away. We've had a lot of visitors lately, so my house was a disaster and I was feeling completely overwhelmed by everything I needed to do.  I had my escape planned.  As soon as we finished dinner, I was going to kiss the kids and my husband and leave.  I didn't know where, but I was going to be alone.  I even called a fellow SAHM, who I thought could use a time out as well.  Unfortunately she was not able to get away, but we made plans for another day.

As soon as my husband got home I informed him of my plans and he said the most incredible thing I've ever heard.  He said, "Why don't you go now?  Stay out as late as you like and I'll take care of the kids."  That's right he said it; while the baby was crying!  I didn't give him ten minutes and I was out the door.  It was the best two hours.  I ran a few errands and ate dinner alone.  It was AWESOME.  I got to eat my whole meal, all the way through without getting up.  There were not trips to the fridge for juice, or seconds or dropped forks.  Then I treated myself to a wonderful shake and a 30 minute uninterrupted talk with my best friend.

Even though my time out was very relaxing and just what I needed, I couldn't help but feel guilty leaving my husband at home.  I don't know why.  I stay at home with all three kids everyday.  He's perfectly capable of taking care of the kids.  They are his too.  Yet, I couldn't help but feel bad.  When I got home I found out the baby cried the whole time I was gone.  But we took care of that, I kissed the kids goodnight and went to sleep.  Best time out ever!

1 comment:

Kelley said...

glad you got away :)