About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Sunday, July 15, 2012

I have seen my future

I have seen my future and I'm very optimistic.  The last week and a half we have had the pleasure of hosting my sister-in-law and her family which consists of her funny husband and three kids.  She is the proud mom of a 15 year old young man, a nearly 13 year old young lady (yikes!) and an 11 year old boy.  She doesn't have to change their diapers, or wipe their faces (usually), or help them get dressed.  While they like her and do want some attention from her they don't clasp to her leg like she could disappear at any moment.  While they fight with one another and don't always clean up their mess, they are very well mannered and are very polite to adults; even aunts who taunt and poke at them (hee hee).  It was very nice to see that my days of butt wiping, nose wiping, vomit catching and potty training will end.


While there is light at the end of the tunnel, I did see new challenges on the horizon.  Acne, attitude (13 year old girl attitude) and size just to name a few.  My 11 year old nephew is super STRONG!  If he got mad enough at his sister, he could do some real damage.  Luckily for her, her brothers have been well raised and do not hit her as hard as they can.  


My oldest nephew will be getting his driver's permit soon.  I like to think I could teach my kids to drive, but I don't know.  It's got to be hard to separate who you knew the child to be at 8 or 9 from the young adult they are at 16.  I know my parents still have a tendency to treat me like I was still the crazy, fly-by-the-seat of my pants teen I used to be.  If my son continues with his dare-devil ways, he's never going to drive.


All-in-all it was a great visit and I was very happy to see that a mother of three can survive and the children can grow up to be calmer, less whiny and potty trained! 

No comments: