About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Friday, April 20, 2012

My poor, poor husband

My poor, poor husband.  He has not had a full night's sleep in almost two weeks.  It's not his fault, it's mine.  You would think it would be the 2-3 runs to the bathroom each night or the constant tossing and turning I do just to try and get comfortable that is keeping him awake.  But no, it is a relatively new development.  One that I'm not terribly proud of and hoped would never happen to me.  I have become....Gasp..... a snorer.  I guess the extra weight I've put on in this pregnancy has led to this development.  I can only hope that it goes away once I have the baby.

It's not like a gentle lulling snore either.  I asked my husband to video tape me snoring just so I could see how bad it really is and OH MY GOSH, I rival my dad and grandma!  And that, I promise, is an accomplishment.  The noises my father and grandmother can produce in their sleep are legendary.  We often laugh about it at family gatherings.  There's a story my mom likes to tell about me when I was little.  We were staying at my grandmother's house.  Apparently, I woke up to some terrible noise and ran to my mother afraid of some evil creature hiding in the dark.  Turns out, it was just my grandma.

I remember sleeping two closed doors away from my father and not being able to sleep unless his snoring was loud enough that I thought he was in the same room.  When he finally got a sleep apnea machine and quit snoring, I had the hardest time falling asleep.  Now, it's apparently my turn to keep others awake.  I have snored so loud that I have woken myself up!  I can seriously feel the vibrations of the snore in my throat and the noise jolts me awake.  The worst part is that I can't even roll over to stop snoring. 

This morning our daughter joined us in bed about 6AM.  I was falling in and out of sleep when once again I woke myself up, snoring.  And then I heard my daughter pretending to snore.  My husband very nicely asked her to stop and she said, "But Mommy does it."  There's nothing like carrying on a family tradition!

No comments: