About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pushing Through

Question:  What do you get when you mix a SAHM with a husband who travels all the time?

Answer:  A lonely, exhausted, slightly loopy, chocolate eating woman who would benefit from a full body massage, a bottle of tequila, a nap and a treadmill.

My husband has been gone almost every week for the last 3 months.  I'm tired.  The kids are tired.  We all miss him very much.  He's doing what he needs to do and I am extremely grateful.  I know it's not easy  being away from us either.

I don't know what it is, but the longer he's gone, the less my children sleep.  Today, the baby finally passed out and took a 3 and a half hour nap after days of 1 and a half hour naps and only 9 hours at night.  The older two are staying up later and getting up earlier everyday.  I think they're down to 8 hours a night.  It's odd how missing some one can affect you.

I'm just craving some adult interaction that goes beyond the daily pleasantries at daycare.  My days are dictated by what my children are doing.  It is very difficult and very expensive to find babysitters, so my activities are limited and now that cold weather is setting in, even trips to the park have been cut short.

Some days I feel captive in my own home.  Even if I had some where to go, I couldn't because some one has practice, or a test to study for, or needs a nap!  It's not that I'm not happy.  It's quite the opposite.  I am surprisingly  content with my life these days.  I just want a little more freedom to pursue some grown up activity.  I don't know what that is yet.  I'm working on it.

No comments: