About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Convicted.... again!

It's tough being a mom.  It's even tougher when some one makes you feel like an inferior one.  That happened to me last week.  It was not intentional, but I felt convicted all the same.  This is not the first time it has happened and I know it won't be the last.  I had some friends over last week to swim and we were all having a good time.  Even our baby was enjoying a little water time.  One of my friends has this adorable, cherub like, cutie-patutie who is about 8 months old.  She was in the pool with him the whole time.  And not pushing him around in a baby float, like me; she was holding him and helping him to try and swim and playing with him.  Half the time I let my friends push my baby around.  I was barely with her in the pool and she spent the whole time in the floatie.  I feel terrible about it.  Three kids in and I've gotten lazy.  I should play with my kids more.  Thank you Mrs. M. for enlightening me.  You're a great mom!  

While I'm mad at myself for getting complacent I'm glad I noticed before it was too late.

No comments: