About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Sunday, May 19, 2013

On the Edge

Why is it that children can bring you to the absolute end of your very last nerve?  My children have been awake for roughly 12 hours and some one has been whining or crying almost every second of it.  My son woke up crying.  He cried and hollered most of the morning.  After an hour of "quiet time" in his room he hadn't fallen asleep and still had crocodile tears pouring down his face.  If he wasn't a mess, the baby was upset about something.  It has been a non-stop chorus of tears and screams.  If it wasn't for the angelic behavior of my oldest I may have totally lost it.

I thought it might help to get them outside for a while.  We've had a lot of rain lately and they've been trapped inside.  Needless to say, I was wrong.  Between 5 minute breaks of happiness there was nothing but whining and fussing.  I don't like being ignored.  I hate when some one makes a mess in a room I've just cleaned.  But nothing, nothing brings me to the brink of insanity like never ending whining.  To say I HATE it, is truly an understatement.

Today is a day when God is trying to teach me patience and compassion for some one who is annoying the crap out of me.  I must be being prepared for something big because if you can't love your adorable son when he's whining and out of control, who can you love?

No comments: