About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Baby's First Birthday

It has been one year since I had our dear little baby.  She is super sweet, a little ornery, and full of energy.  I can't believe it's been a year.  Now is when it really gets fun.  She's going to start walking soon and the NON-STOP talking I'm sure is just around the corner.  I'm looking at her cutie patootie face while listening to my two older children whine and duke it out in the next room and all I can think is, "never again" and "what happened?"  

She has a sweet little face and a great toothy smile.  She cuddles with me when she is tired and smiles as she shoves bananas in her mouth.  Unfortunately, it's just a matter of time before she starts screaming at me for daring to ask her to leave the park.  She'll start slapping me in the face because I put her down for a nap instead of daddy.  And I'm sure at some point she will take a bite out of one of her siblings, just because.  I'll discipline her for that on the outside, while I laugh my booty off on the inside.

My older children did the same thing.  They were once sweet, cute, perfect babies..... and then they became toddlers.  Not quite demon spawn, but it felt like it.  There is a lot of neat growing that's going to happen in the next few years; which means a lot of fun but also a lot of headaches.

No comments: