About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Thursday, December 27, 2012

More Awesome Parenting.. no seriously

It all began with a grumpy 3 year old at about 5:30 in the evening.  It was that kind of grumpy that only happens when a young child has decided to give up napping, when he has the flu, at Christmas time.  My husband and I couldn't wait for bed time, but we knew that if he fell asleep then, he would get up around 8 and be up way past midnight.  As we were not feeling so great ourselves, we needed him to stay awake long enough for dinner and then he could go to bed around 7:30.  Unfortunately dinner was taking a little longer than expected and our son started to fall asleep on the couch.  When he gets tired and decides to fall asleep there is NO waking him up.  Dancing monkeys, juggling lit torches on bouncy balls couldn't get my son to open his eyes.  So my husband did what he had to do, what only a seasoned veteran parent would do.  He offered our son.... a cookie.  He popped right up and by the time he was done with his cookie, dinner was ready and we were all able to get a good night's sleep.  Now that's parenting.

No comments: