About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Post Sandy Hook

Yesterday, my daughter and I got in a little argument about whether or not she should wear a coat while we went to her school to pick up her homework.  We had to pick up her work because she has the flu and has missed several days.  It was 55 degrees F outside, she has the flu, and she wouldn't put on a coat!  Seriously!  I got angry and snapped at her.

Later that night I was on the computer, reading stories about the victims in Newtown.  I've been crying off and on for days about it, but last night I really broke down.  I wondered how many of those parents had fought over what their child was going to wear to school that day. How many wished they had said something different when they said goodbye that morning? I ran upstairs and gave my daughter a ginormous hug and kiss.  I hate to think that my last memory of her or her last memory of me would be of us arguing.  I hope I can remember that.

No comments: