About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Thursday, February 13, 2014

I'm So Boring!

I'm busy all day, but do nothing interesting.  There's nothing fun in my life.  I clean, cook and play with the kids.  That's it.  It's not that I want to go back to work.  I just want to be interesting.  Diapers, tantrums and homework issues don't even entertain me and it's my life!

People ask me, "What's new?".  My answer.... "nothing."  Every once in a while I've got a new sick kid saga to share, but that's it.  I have nothing going on.  I try to keep the kids healthy and where they need to be.  Keeps me busy, but not very exciting.  

I don't want extra drama or catastrophes, but SOMETHING interesting, like painting my house.  I would love to get some rooms painted.  It's been so cold we don't do anything outside.  I haven't even been out doing yard work.  I have shied away from putting our youngest in a Mom's Day Out program because I feel silly putting my child in a "daycare" situation just so I can do something.  I know that's why they are there and I'm starting to think I may need to take advantage of it.  While I have all day to do whatever, I'm still very limited.  It has to be appropriate for a 2 year old and not happen during the all important nap hours.

My husband travels so much that it's very difficult to join groups.  I can't plan anything until I am 100% sure he'll be in town.  Sometimes that's not until the week of.  I never know when I'm going to need a babysitter.  Even when I do get a babysitter, it can be difficult to get out.  For example, I recently had a dinner planned with some friends from my old work.  I had a sitter lined up and then.... the kids got sick!  Not crazy sick, but they had croup.  Thankfully, my friend was going to watch the kids for me and she agreed to watch the kids anyway.  That's very rare.  She is also a SAHM with three kids and was willing to stay with my sickly kids at the risk of infecting her own, so I could have a night out.  Now that's a friend!

I have a few ideas to get myself out of this rut.  I'm thinking of joining a mommy and me gymnastics class.  It could be fun for both of us.  Also, I have fallen behind on the toddler's baby book, so I think I'm going to try to work on that.  Although the idea of getting out glue, tape, scissors, paper, etc to be able to work on it for about 15 minutes before I have to put it all away does not sound fun.  At least it's an activity!

I have got to get out more!

No comments: