About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

We're Moving!

My husband has received the official word from his boss and we are being moved to Wisconsin.  That's right, Wisconsin.  This former desert rat, turned Southerner is now going to learn to be a Northern snow enthusiast.  To be honest I always wanted to live where it snows.  Yuma, Az. (where I'm from) has an annual rain fall of about 1 inch and we usually get that in one rain.  My father still calls me to tell me if there were raindrops on his windshield when he woke up.  There are no seasons in Yuma.  It's hot and less hot.  Still it's my home and you can't beat that great big sky and the absolute most gorgeous sunsets you will ever see.

Moving to Tennessee was a huge change for us.  And now we're going North to a place that saw temperatures of -50F this winter.  Granted this was a very cold winter for everyone, but just the fact that it's possible makes me cry a little.  It will be great to be able to do some real sledding.  I've always wanted to take the kids down a big-ole hill.  We'll be virtually guaranteed a white Christmas.  However, we won't know anyone.  And as a SAHM, I won't have access to anyone for a while.  It will just be me and the kids trying to fit in and make friends while my husband is still traveling and meeting people at work.  I'll have no backup, no support system.  We don't have any family here and it took a while to meet people.  But we only had one kiddo then and I had a job.  Now it's just me and three kids.  Thank God for those kids too.  There's nothing like school and extracurricular activities to thrust you into social situations.

The target date for moving is July 1.  We'll see how that goes.

No comments: