About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Moving Checklist

There is a whole mess of things to get done when you want to move out of state.  And no matter how extensive a list, you will always add to it.  Here's the beginning of mine.

1 - Tell the kids.  Ha!  That will be fun.

2 - Find a realtor.  Also an interesting endeavor.  I view realtors like I do mechanics; I'm sure most are honest and trustworthy, but I don't trust any of them.

3 - Get the house ready to sell.  Exhausting!

4 - Begin process of trying to sell the house.  Even more exhausting.

5 - Start looking for a new house.  Fun, but exhausting.

6 - Buy a new house.  Terrifying.

7 - Get everything organized to move.  A total nightmare.

8 - Move.  Relief to finally be to that point.

9 - Unpack.  Ugh.

Let the fun begin.

No comments: