About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Imagination Overload

Like most kids, my children have active fantasy lives.  They pretend ALL the time.  Sometimes it is really sweet, sometimes a little quirky and sometimes down right silly.  

Our oldest loves to play house, school and library.  She also likes to pretend to work.  She's always writing in notebooks or on scratch pieces of paper and always looks busy.  Every once in a while I take a peek in those notebooks and find all kinds of things.  Beautiful pictures of fairies and ponies, cute little poems or her thoughts.  Occasionally I find some useful information like, "I like Collin," or "I hope Santa brings me a bike."  But sometimes I find other things, like a drawing of her brother where he has been crossed out and "No Boys Allowed" is written beneath it.  Those notebooks are very eye opening.

Our littlest loves to play with her baby doll.  She takes that thing everywhere and loves to take her around the house for walks in the baby stroller.  The other night I was checking on her before going to bed and to my surprise she wasn't asleep.  Instead, I watched as she pretended to change her baby's diaper, gave her a kiss and tucked her into bed.  So sweet, I smile just thinking about it.  And then I noticed that she took the changing pad off her changing table, which is about 2 feet from her crib, and put it in her crib to use for her baby.  I still have not figured out how she managed to do that... hmmmm.

My son and I were playing with his cars in his room the other day and he started telling me all their "super powers".  He is borderline obsessed with super heroes these days, but not with specific heroes, more like specific powers.  Lightning McQueen had super speed, second Lightning McQueen had super strength, and Francesco Berrrrrrnoulli had the best power of all.  He had the power of super poop!  That's right super poop.  He could poop on anything to stop it, squash it, or move it.

A child's imagination is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're going to get.

No comments: