About Me

My photo
I have three fabulous children and a terrific husband. I was recently laid off and have decided to try the stay-at-home gig. We'll see how it goes!

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Christmas SAHM Pit

Merry Christmas!  I must say Christmas as a SAHM is interesting.  I got all the shopping and decorating done without any headaches and there was no last minute running to any store.  It was great.  Less stress for everyone involved.  The only thing that felt odd was that it wasn't a group effort.  My husband was busy with work, so I just took care of everything.  Of course we discussed potential gifts, but we usually go out together.  I missed that this year.

I did, however, fall into the Christmas SAHM pit.  I tried to do too much.  We have a beautiful advent calendar my mother made us and everyday I tried to do something special.  Not fancy or expensive things, but something extra.  We made cookies, spent time at the park, made a ginger bread house and lots of other stuff.  None of it was terribly time consuming except I was trying to do it while my oldest was in school and had homework and piano and horseback riding and my husband was out of town a lot.  I stressed myself out trying to do everything.

That's the Christmas SAHM pit.  I feel like I'm home so everything should be magical and wonderful.  The kids had a great time and I was exhausted and not feeling the spirit.  I lost track of the true meaning of Christmas which is the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ.  Fortunately, my very sane husband reminded me of this before it was too late.  I love him.  Hopefully I can avoid the pit next year and remember to enjoy my friends and family.

No comments: